WAILUKU – Due to the partial closure of Kaahumanu Avenue on Thursday, September 24, to accommodate the Maui Fair Parade, Maui Bus service will be re-routed and specific stops eliminated, the County of Maui Department of Transportation announced.
The changes are as follows:
Lahaina Islander (Lahaina Bound)
- Eliminating the 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Wells Street and Waikapu stops from Queen Kaahumanu Center heading to Lahaina.
Kahului Loop Route #5
- Eliminating the 3:38 p.m., 4:38 p.m. and 5:38 p.m. Wahine Pio/MACC stop from Queen Kaahumanu Center. Eliminating the 4:41 p.m. and 5:41 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Kahului Reverse Loop Route #6
- Eliminating the 2:48 p.m., 3:48 p.m., 4:48 p.m. and 5:48 p.m. Wahine Pio/Maui College stop going to Queen Kaahumanu Center. Eliminating the 4:45 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Wailuku Loop Route #1
- Eliminating the 4:37 p.m. and 5:37 p.m. Maui Memorial Medical Center and Maui Lani Parkway stops. Eliminating the 4:21 p.m., 5:21 p.m. and 6:21 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
Wailuku Reverse Loop Route #2
- Eliminating the 4:03 p.m., 5:03 p.m. and 6:03 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
The remaining bus routes will operate as normal with some deviation in street routing, but will continue to serve all other existing bus stops. Passengers are asked to expect delays in pick-up times due to the increased traffic during the parade.
Additionally, Maui Bus Commuter parking, normally allowed at the War Memorial Stadium parking lot, will be relocated to the Kahului Boat Ramp during the Maui Fair from Tuesday, September 22 through Sunday, September 27.
Maui Bus is a service provided by the County of Maui and operated by Roberts Hawaii. For more information, contact Roberts Hawaii at 871-4838 or the County of Maui Department of Transportation at 270-7511. General bus schedule information can be found on all County buses, and is available online at www.mauicounty.gov/bus.