WAILUKU – The Hawai‘i Health Systems Corporation (HHSC) Maui Region will hold a public meeting regarding potential cuts in services and workforce reductions in light of a nearly $30 million dollar budget shortfall for Fiscal Year 2016 which begins on July 1.
- WHAT: Public meeting on potential reduction in force and service cuts.
- WHO: HHSC Maui Regional Board & Administration
- WHEN: Tuesday, April 28, 5 PM – 7 PM
- WHERE: Pu‘u Kukui Elementary, 3700 Kehalani Mauka Pkwy, Wailuku, HI 96793
- WHY: With nearly a ten percent budget shortfall, Maui Hospitals will need to make certain cuts to services and a reduction in the workforce. While there are potential solutions, including an attempt to partner with Hawai‘i Pacific Health, these solutions are still subject to various legislative and administrative processes.
About HHSC Maui Region
The Maui Region of HHSC serves over 11,000 inpatients and sees over 45,000 people in the emergency room each year. With over 1,500 employees in three hospitals on two islands, the Maui Region is comprised of Lāna‘i Community Hospital, Kula Hospital and Maui Memorial Medical Center. The region’s flagship campus, Maui Memorial Medical Center, is the only full-service, acute-care medical facility in the County, and the only hospital outside of O‘ahu providing a full range of cardiac services, including open-heart surgery and angioplasty. For more information visit MauiMemorialMedical.org.