Maui Police have 56 year-old Etuate Fauhiva in custody today after raiding his Wailuku residence earlier his week. Fauhiva is charged with a variety of crimes after a warranted search recovered a large stash of crystal methamphetamine, marijuana, paraphernalia, cash and firearms.
Tuesday this week, members of the MPD Vice Division, Special Response Team and Crime Reduction Unit executed three State of Hawaii Search Warrants at a Wailuku residence. In executing the warrant; 290.26 grams (10.24 ounces) of crystal methamphetamine was recovered, along with 8.12 grams of marijuana vegetation, more than $19,000 in United States currency, empty plastic packets, digital gram scales and firearms.
The MPD press release made it clear: “The suspect and subject of this executed warrant is identified as Etuate Fauhiva (56) of Wailuku.”
Fauhiva was arrested and charged for:
- Methamphetamine Trafficking in the First Degree
- Promoting a Detrimental Drug in the Third Degree
- Prohibited Acts Related to Drug Paraphernalia
- Two Counts of Possessing a Firearm with Intent to Facilitate the Commission of a Felony
- Prohibited Place to Keep a Firearm
- Two Counts of Failing to Register a Firearm
- Two Counts of Failure to Acquire a Firearms Permit
Bail for Fauhiva was set at $32,900.