By Jeff King
Here are links to many of the automatically updated real time storm and forecasts:
- Central Pacific Hurricane Center for exact location of Hurricanes Iselle and Julio.
- Glenn James Maui Weather Today – for the most accurate forecast and conditions.
- Wind Profiler from Google Earth – showing the intensity of these back-to-back storms.
- Hydrology in Hawaii – storm rainfall totals – updated continuously.
- Maui County Civil Defense – watches and warnings as the storms get closer.
- Looping Radar – concentrated look at rainfall across Maui County.
Civil Defense and other authorities are urging people to travel as little as possible – especially when the high winds and heavy rains begin. For the latest in school and business closures, enter the name of the school or organization you want to know about in the “SEARCH” box at the top of this page. Final storm preparations should be completed ASAP – but certainly before sunset tonight.
We at Maui TV News will do our best to keep the information flowing. All we ask of you is to protect your loved ones and yourself.