Wailuku – The County of Maui Department of Transportation announced the following Maui Bus services to be suspended on Thursday and Friday due to safety concerns.
MAUI BUS FIXED ROUTE SERVICE
- All Maui Bus fixed routes will be suspended some time between 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday evening, depending on the route. Last departure times for each route are listed below.
- Queen Kaahumanu Center (Last Departure Times) Haiku Islander 4:00 p.m.
- Upcountry Islander 4:30 p.m.
- Lahaina Islander 4:30 p.m.
- Kihei Islander 4:30 p.m.
- Kahului Reverse Loop 5:00 p.m.
- Wailuku Reverse Loop 5:00 p.m.
- Kahului Loop 5:30 p.m.
- Wailuku Loop 5:30 p.m.
Whalers Village (Last Departure Times)
- Kaanapali Islander 5:00 p.m.
- Napili Islander 5:00 p.m.
Wharf Cinema Center (Last Departure Times)
- Lahaina Villager 5:00 p.m.
- Kaanapali Islander #2 5:00 p.m.
- Lahaina Islander 5:30 p.m.
Maalaea Harbor (Last Departure Times)
- Kihei Villager 5:05 p.m.
Pukalani Street (Last Departure Times)
- Upcountry Islander 5:00 p.m.
- Kula Villager 5:00 p.m.
MAUI BUS COMMUTER SERVICE:
- Commuter service to be completely suspended on Friday
- Commuter service to operate as normal on Thursday (tomorrow)
MAUI BUS PARATRANSIT SERVICE
*Maui Bus Paratransit Service will also be suspended at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday evening. On Thursday, Maui Bus Paratransit Service will be available for same day reservations from home to the nearest shelter by calling MEO at 877-7651 up until 5:30 p.m.
TRANSPORTATION TO SHELTERS
The County of Maui, in conjunction with Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc (MEO) and Roberts Hawaii, will also be providing complimentary transportation to the shelters in Maui County from various designated pick-up points. Transportation will be offered between 1 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. More information is forthcoming.
All Maui Bus services will be also be suspended on Friday morning, until the determination is made that the weather and roads are clear and safety to travel. Please visit the Maui County website at www.mauicounty.gov for further updates.