WAILUKU – In preparation for Tropical Storm Iselle, all non-emergency County personnel will be sent home at noon tomorrow (Thursday, August 7) with the possible exception of County elections employees. Determinations regarding County elections employees and walk-in voting services will be made by the State Office of Elections as needed.
County offices to be closed include all Division of Motor Vehicles and Licensing offices, planning and permitting, water bill processing, parks permitting, Liquor Department testing and other offices that interact with the public on a regular basis. County offices will remain closed on Friday morning as county officials evaluate the situation.
Emergency personnel, such as police, fire, road crews and those working in the Civil Defense Emergency Operations Center will continue to work throughout the duration of the storm.
Also, the County of Maui Department of Parks and Recreation has announced the following closures of County facilities due to the anticipated inclement weather:
- ALL County swimming pools will close at noon on Thursday until further notice.
- Waiehu Golf Course will issue final tee times at noon on Thursday and remain closed until further notice.
- ALL County camping sites will be closed Thursday – Sunday.
- ALL community centers will be closed starting noon Thursday until further notice.
- ALL County beach parks will be closed all day Thursday until further notice.
- CORA-permitted (commercial) activities are canceled Thursday and Friday and until beach parks reopen.
- All other County parks will be closed Thursday at noon until further notice.