By Jeff King
A Kihei man is behind bars today after Maui Police raided a South Maui residence last Thursday. Forty-seven year-old Thomas Schillaci of Kihei was charged with nearly a dozen crimes relating to trafficking in crystal methamphetamine.
According to the Maui Police Department report, the Vice Division and Special Response Team executed a warrant on a Kihei residence that was suspected of trafficking Crystal Methamphetamine. Upon the execution of the warrant, Vice Investigators discovered the following items:
- 881.49 grams of crystal methamphetamine (nearly 2 pounds)
- 34.94 grams of liquid methamphetamine
- 42 marijuana plants
- 70.41 grams of processed marijuana
- Marijuana concentrate also known as honey oil
- Paraphernalia associated with the distribution and use of illicit narcotics
- A double sided dagger
- A Ruger .357 revolver that was loaded with ammunition
- $5,491.00 in U.S. Currency
Also found in the residence were several butane canisters, a glass flask containing marijuana with a metal screen on one end and a hole on the other end. Several empty glass flasks, grinders and honey oil residue. This evidence is consistent with the processing of marijuana concentrate using butane. Commonly known as Butane Honey Oil or BHO.
The suspect, Thomas Schillaci, 47 of Kihei, was arrested and charged for the following offenses:
- Methamphetamine Trafficking I
- Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Felon in Possession of Ammunition
- Deadly Weapons Prohibited
- Promoting a Dangerous Drug III Commercial
- Promotion of Marijuana II
- Promoting a Harmful Drug III
- Promoting a Detrimental Drug III
- Prohibited Acts Related to Drug Paraphernalia (four counts)
Schillaci’s bail was set at $144,000.00.