A 36-year-old Haiku man was injured Friday after his house caught fire on Maui.
He was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries, a Maui Fire Department spokesman said.
Firefighters were dispatched about 1 p.m. and contained the blaze to the kitchen of the home at 101 Huna Wai Place in about 20 minutes. Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was a coffee maker that was left on. Damage to the 500-square foot home and the contents was estimated at $40,000.
The American Red Cross was assisting the man’s mother, who also lived at the home. Read the original release on the Breaking News page at www.mauitvnews.com.